"Visitors Welcome"

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Dreaming of a debt-free life

I read an article of how a man would tweet his weight daily in hopes of keeping himself accountable to loose weight. So in the article it asked the ?, what if people did that to keep themselves accountable to living a debt-free life? I thought to myself "wow" what a bold move!!! But, I have a dream of living a debt-free life and I know I can make it a reality! So here I am, I have pondered blogging this and decided to make this it's own blogging adventure. Here is where I will share the stories of the journey, my inspirations, wants desire and whatever else pops into my head. So this is the beginning, I just put it out on the world wide web for everyone to see!!! My debt, my burden I carry around knowing I still owe for. I hear people all of the time saying well you gotta have payments, you can't avoid it, It's gonna happen, it's ineviable...hmmmm what do you think? I feel with my whole heart that God does not want us to live in bondage and be a slave to the lender. Yes, the bank I pay every month for my house,car and credit card are my masters I am a slave to making payments to those nice people that gave me money when I did not have it.

So on to my frugal thoughts, I am determined to add on to my house and not remorgage it and still take the vacations I am dreaming of! Is it all possible I ask myself, then I answer myself and the answer is YES, anything is possible. So I have been on my debt free binge and getting my family on board with me. They are doing pretty good so far. I paid off our last Dr. bill (for my nose surgery 2 years ago) this week!! So we are down to the house, (almost under the 42,000.00, can you see the huge smile on my face!!!) The jeep 8000.00???, the Visa, not sure what all was on that or where in the world it came from!!! Yikes, 1600.00 and my new laptop compliments of Dell 1700.00 I had to have it to do photography, my home pc would just lock up!!!! I am not on it like I thought I would be, but I am still glad I have it. So why am I bareing my financial soul to the world??? I want to be accountable and document the journey and maybe inspire others to do the same.

Please feel free to leave your opinions, ideas, inspirations or great blogs and websites.

Have a blessed day,
Dreaming of debt freedom

No comments:

Post a Comment