"Visitors Welcome"

Monday, June 14, 2010

Green Peppers










The other day at work we had a catering that left us with a large amount of left overs. Well that my friend is what we at work love!!! That means no cooking dinner tonight, yah (see me waving pom poms). This day blessed us with fat fries, cole slaw and chicken strips. We ate the chicken strips all weekend, I did not have to cook until sunday night. That was nice. But all the fries, what to do??? So I chopped them up and put them in my pampered chef dish sprinkled some cheese and add left over cooked bacon. The new breakfast dish was a hit with the guys. Score one for mom, (big smile) I still have some left so I need another idea, please share. Oh yes, if forgot to say I cooked them in my new convection oven that I got for half price. Double yahoo!!!!
In part of my effort to cook yummy home cooked meals and save money I cut up 6 green peppers yesterday and stored them for later use. I love peppers especially since I got them 4/1.00!!! (big smiles) I am going to get more hopefully if they go on sale again. In the winter they are like .99 a pepper. We eat them alot with mexican food so bring on the sales :0)!!! I also tried my hand at making stuffed bell peppers, I could not find a recipe I liked so I made my own. They were not bad but I didn't hear the guys asking me to make more, they liked the inside mix and want more of that but not the peppers...lol.. So I have a new recipe to make minus the peppers.. I also found another use for my laptop, no more hand writting recipes, I can just search it and read it from the lap top. I have just now figured that out and I have owned it since Feb. hmmmm, a little slow I am.

I also scored a New George Forman Grill for 10.00, organizer trays for .25 a piece, some like new Star Jeans for 3.00, 2 purses under a 1.00 each and a whole box of red votices and candle holders for 5.00 ( they are for the upcoming weddings in our family) We did pick blueberries to stockpile as well and almost blundder that. Our friend told us they were 3.00 per bucket and when we went to check out they were 3.00 per pound, 82.00 please the cashier said. .....Uggg, she made us a deal half price because that's what the other farm charges!!! Lesson learned???? Always asks the prices for yourself.

What bargains did you find?

No comments:

Post a Comment